Commercial Manager – Fit Out
United Kingdom / London / HB Reavis
The Fit Out Commercial Manager will be involved pre & post contract on early construction phase packages and will report into the Head of Commercial, in London. The role may cover one or two projects depending on scale and project stage. The role will be part of the project construction team and is expected to closely interact with the development and design.
About the team
The commercial team at HB Reavis work very differently from most developers and main contractors. Our team get involved from a very early design stage (Stage 1) and continue through the design, procurement, construction and management of the project on site.
Most of our team are ‘specialists’ within a certain package and therefore can add real input into these packages. As HB Reavis are a developer that self-deliver the construction phase our Commercial Managers get grasp of the project from inception through to completion.
• Provide advice on design and cost plans prior to appointment of trade contractors; work closely with the Fit-Out Design manager, Leasing manager and engineering teams and suggest solutions to reach the best value for cost
• Provide Input to and develop the procurement strategy for Interiors and Fit Out packages
• Identify, engage with, assess and build relations with sub-contractors and material suppliers
• Prepare/coordinate preparation of the tender documentation, run package tenders, assess and recommend trade contractor appointment
• Be actively involved in managing trade packages on site together with the site project team
• Deliver post contract duties including payments, contract administration, management of changes/variations and inputs to cost reporting
• Continuously bring better buying ideas and identify opportunities to optimise cost & value
- Stunning activity-based workspaces focused on enhancing people’s wellbeing
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus
- Hybrid working set-up with up to 6 days from anywhere per month
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme, life assurance and group income protection
- Enhanced maternity / paternity package
- £1,500 flexible benefits pot including options like gym membership, private medical insurance
- Season ticket loan options, cycle to work and nursery scheme, Discounts Club etc.
- Annual training budget
- Monthly team breakfast and lunch
- Seasonal events on HB Reavis’ garden rooftop
- Volunteering days
- Relaxed dress code