Consulting engineer – Fire
Group / London / HB Reavis
To undertake management, consultancy, and a fire safety peer review on all HBR projects in UK, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, and Slovakia. This includes review of fire safety report prepared by local fire consultants including evacuation scenarios, cause and effect matrix, fire compartmentation, Fire Brigade Access & Facilities (fire-fighting shafts, rising mains, hose distances, fire lifts, etc.), fire suppression systems, ventilation, smoke exhaust, backup systems, lighting, weak current - Building Management System; Public Address System, Fire Alarm System, Access control system, or other electrical or communication systems directly connected.
To review selected details of the fire safety design information. These includes (non-exhaustive list) key aspects of the design and elements:
a) Travel distances, occupancy calculations and egress capacities (including terraces).
b) External fire spread – need for fire rated facades due to site proximities.
c) Verification that designs disciplines have incorporated the fire strategy principles in their scope documents.
d) Materials used in the design of the facades with regards to fire spread and fire compartmentation.
e) Provision and detailing of cavity barriers.
f) Structural fire protection of the structure.
To Assess and propose Value Engineering opportunities where possible: to Comment on the level of fire safety (robustness) afforded by the design and make recommendations to improve it where possible.
• Collect, summarize, and implement technical know-how including optimal and innovative technical solutions into company projects via design brief and company standards.
• Active participation on preparation of scope of works for appointed external design teams and consultants.
• Active support and technical management of appointed external design teams with proactive review of their design packages.
• Be ready to advice alternative solutions on the spot (vary from minor design changes to principal system changes) – all changes to company standards are subject for previous approval.
• Hand-on approach and involvement in design works in all design stages up to commissioning stage and FIT-OUT.
• Client Representation role on projects
• Provide input for resources planning to meet project deliverables and technical requirements.
• Active interaction with all PDT teams cross all discipline.
• Provide support to project budgets.
• Perform analysis of alternative technical solutions and implement them into company standards via approved procedure.
• On project level direct reporting to Design Coordinator/Design manager.
• On people leadership level direct reporting to category leader.
• Technical support to all colleagues and know how sharing.
• Attendance of team meetings.
• Positive and proactive mood creation.
• Support to achieve agreed performance goals.