United Kingdom / London / HB Reavis
The role of Project Director will be responsible for leading the construction team throughout the life cycle of the project and will report into the Construction Director. This is for a major project in Central London that will change the landscape of the area. It is a large scale project based in Zone 1 with very complex civil and structural aspects. The project timeline from start to finish is 7 years
• Responsible for leading the construction team through the life cycle of the construction project
• Responsible for ensuring Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) matters are managed on the Project
• Input to and help develop the trade package specific procurement strategy and subsequently the production of tender documents, tender assessment and trade contractor appointment with the commercial team
• Optimizing resources to meet cost constraints and assist construction director to plan and allocate appropriate supervisory resources as required by the site management team
• Promote leadership qualities to all levels and encourage the development of individuals
• Ensuring project controls and reporting responsibilities are put in place
• Deliver strategic Risk Management across pre & post contract stages of a project.
• Provide early warnings to the Construction Director on problem issues and potential over spend as soon as they are apparent.
• Work closely with Development Managers and the design team to optimize concept design, specification, performance and commercial position.
• Engage with and build on existing and new sub-contractors and suppliers.
• Collaborate with the in-house development and commercial teams to ensure the project operates within the company integration model.
• Challenge the programme and procurement strategy to improve efficiency and bring better buying ideas and opportunity.
• Managing the profitability of the project by overseeing construction budget expenditure, conducting regular reviews against plan and budget and taking corrective actions as required
• Generate, challenge and deliver the principles of Value Management opportunities during design development, tendering and delivery stages of the project
• Stunning workspaces that enhance people’s wellbeing
• Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus
• Hybrid working set-up
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Pension scheme, life assurance and group income protection
• £ 1,500 flexible benefits pot including options like gym membership, private medical insurance…
• Enhanced maternity / paternity package
• Season ticket loan options, cycle to work and nursery scheme, Discounts Club etc.
• Annual training budget
• Monthly team breakfast and lunch
• Volunteering days
• No dress code
"*" indicates required fields